Re: Aux input for factory radio?

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 10:35:17 EST

I'd bet that you can find a way to use that changer input for whatever you
like, however if you're looking at sirius instead of xm, I believe that
dodge offers a factory radio that has a sirius tuner in it. Might want to
look into that, and maybe see if that radio has an aux input. I know the
dealer by me does the "radio swap program" and when my dad swapped out the
infinity cd player in his intrepid for the infinity cd/tape combo radio,
they gave him a little something for giving the old radio back.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

"Korey Atterberry" <korey99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:20040113023406.43594.qmail@web41002.mail.yahoo.com... > > Hey guys- > > Last question for a while - I promise! > > In my 2004 I've got the factory AM/FM CD player with changer > controls. So, I know it's got a CD changer interface, and I got the > impression that there is an available mopar kit that you can > direct-wire in. > > On our MINI Cooper, we found a special cable (it does have some > electronics) that allows us to add an auxilliary input (1/8" stereo > cable) by plugging into a special jack on the back of the radio (it's > not the CD changer jack, but similar). That way we can hook up an MP3 > player, external satellite radio, etc. to the factory stereo. It seems > to me that there might be a way to use either the CD changer or > possible sirius input in the same way on my 2004 Dakota. Has anyone > tried this? > > Thanks, > Korey > > __________________________________ > Do you Yahoo!? > Yahoo! Hotjobs: Enter the "Signing Bonus" Sweepstakes > http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/signingbonus