Re: Re: Aux input for factory radio?

From: Mike Meyerhoff (mike@mypants.org)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 17:01:28 EST

Josh is right. Don't think of that input on the back of your factory head
unit as just "changer controls"... think of it as "brand specific external
hookup" :)

Basically each brand that makes head units has thier own connector, but they
all do the same thing. That is communicate with external devices made by
that brand.

If you can find out which brand made the radio for DC, then that brands
adaptors will probably work with your factory radio.

Most brands sell and adaptor that plugs into your "brand specific external
hookup" and adapts it to a set of RCA inputs. Or that brand might sell a
different adaptor designed specifically for thier Sirrus addon.

mm

PS. yes I am in a politically correct mood. Last night I heard an oven mit
reffered to as a heat controlling kitchen accessory.