Re: Re: Re: Aux input for factory radio?

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 10:15:40 EST

<korey99@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> By the way, I looked into the "brand specific external hookup" interface
cables
> on the web, and I found that Precision Interface Electronics (PIE) makes a
> cable like you mentioned. It's about $70 though. Sounds like the exact
same
> type of thing we got for the MINI.
>
> We've got a portable CD player (capable of playing MP3's on a CD) that we
use
> in our MINI with the aux input, but if it's going to cost $70 for a
similar
> setup, I'd be tempted just to get an in-dash CD player with MP3
capability.
> Anyone have any luck selling a factory radio on ebay, etc?
>
> Korey

Factory Radios go pretty quick on Ebay, however I'd recommend keeping it
just in case. I had an older pioneer 1.5 DIN height model (from 98) that I
took out of my winter beater when I sold it. I put that in the truck and it
worked beautifully for 2 years until it died. Unfortunately I didn't have
the money to buy a new head unit, so I had to relegate myself back to the
stock tapedeck. If I had sold it, I would have been SOL.

Also, i've got an Alpine CDA-9811 (I'm pretty sure, it might be the 9813
though) that will play any audio file you put on a CD-R or CD-RW, and love
it. It's a very nice head unit that puts out plenty of power and has 4v
gold plated preouts.... Sadly, I don't have any pictures of it uploaded
though.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L