Re: Daytime running lights not working !

From: Anne Baker (patience@cif.rochester.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 11:28:02 EST

>> Well, if you are driving in fog, dusk, or rain, your headlights
>> should be
>> on anyway.
>
> I couldn't agree more. Wanna help me get the word out to all the
> countless morons who forget or just don't care? Especially in the city
> where the streets are fairly well lit, many people seem to reason that
> if
> they can see pavement, they don't need their lights on.

I "third" that comment. My brother wrecked our van because he pulled
out in front of someone who was coming down the mountain, in the rain,
at 7am with no lights on. This is in rural NH, where there are no
street lights. Evan couldn't see him, and so just pulled right out. The
van was totaled, and Evan messed up his wrist because of it.

  Just a cautionary tale...

I've picked up Mike's driving habit of driving with my parking lights
on, It looks a bit odd, but it makes sure I'm seen.

~~Anne

Dak-by-association Mike's '98 V8 Club Cab 4x4
patience@cif.rochester.edu