Re: Re: understanding wives

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 17:14:11 EST

Well, if yo udon't like her attitude, don't marry her.. ok for some, that advice may come too late, but the principle remains:
Men marry women expecting them not to change, and they do
Women marry men expecting to change them, and they can't.

>>> wallewelt@mai-aec.com 01/14/04 02:18PM >>>

Josh,

One thing I've learned is that girlfriends and wives are totally different.
You and a few other guys on the DML are lucky. But let me tell you and I'm
sure there are other that can back this up. The Girlfriend might be that
way right now, but once she becomes the WIFE and has a say in the expenses
things will definitely change. My Girlfriend/ possible fiance didn't care
how I spent my money until we started talking about living together for a
trial run befrore marriage. Now that we are living together, boy have things
changed. When I bought the 3" lift kit near the end of last year all hell
broke loose. Luckily she didn't have me return it. Her reasoning for loosing
it was that I was modifying my daily driver to go mudding with and she
thought I would end up breaking the DAK and be out of a vehicle. I promised
her that I wouldn't do anything real stupid to break it. (Not like its a
H2.) I already got it really stuck once and caught hell for that because of
other circumstances, hence spending the $1600 for the lift kit. Enough
rambling for now.

Wayne
01 QC Sport 4x4 V8