Re: Re: Re: Aux input for factory radio?

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 22:09:15 EST

<korey99@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Thanks for the advice Josh. I think I'll look into doing that. What do
you
> guys think of crutchfield? I haven't shopped for a car stereo in so long
that
> I'm out of the loop. I'm sure I can do the install myself with the kits
that
> crutchfield offers, but it seems other places (i.e. etronics) have better
> prices.
>
> Korey

Crutchfield is a good place to buy your stuff online, however, as you
already mentioned they are a tad pricey. They're more expensive because
they send you all the wiring harnesses and adapter plates needed for the
install, plus providing you very nice instructions and lifetime phone
support. If you've never tackled something like this before, some good
instructions will definately help you, as will the ability to call someone
and have them talk you through the process.

I picked my Alpine up at my local Circuit City because they were having a
killer car audio sale, and I had just happened to stop in that day. Sold me
the radio and atapter plate at the same time, and the price of both was
lower than that of cructhfield. I already had the harness, so I just
transferred it over and everything was good. I guess the moral of the story
is to shop around both locally and online for all the pieces that you'll
need and get a price. If the price for it all is cheaper than crutchfield's
price, you gotta ask yourself if the instructions are worth the difference.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L