97' Lowering Problem

From: Pindell, Timothy (TPindell@OTTERBEIN.EDU)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 09:37:43 EST

I've always worried about using blocks. It would seem to me that those
blocks with a v6/8 would create a nice lever arm with which to twist the
heck out of those leaf springs. I too have wondered if anybody else had
problems with blocks. Having said that, I have a 4cyl and I use 2" blocks,
so I'm not applying very much (if any =]) torque to those springs and I
haven't had a problem.

Tim

>Hi all, I recently lowered my 97' cc dakota. I used coils for the front
for
>1" and to test the looks and ride out, i picked up 3" blocks for the back.
>Everything looked good and installed right. But then between my 2nd and
3rd
>gear shifts, i would hear a clunk, sounding like it was comming from the
>transmission/drive line.
Snip