RE: replacing timing chain on 1998 dakota 2.5 liter

From: Rick Barnes (barnesrv@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 11:25:15 EST

Josh,

You blew a ring for that very reason..once you did the great valve job, you
increased the compression in the cylinder and the weakened rings could not
hold the increased compression..viola, broken rings...common, and your
advice is right on, (in my humble opinion). If you do a valve job, at least
replace the rings too.

Rascal