Cold Weather Starting

From: Garret Lewis (ladysmithgwl@1bigred.com)
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 21:33:42 EST

Well, with the onset of cold weather, I've had some problems with my Dakota.
When I start up my Dak after it has been sitting for a couple of days, it
fires right up but then cuts right off. It will not idle at all. If you
start it and hold your foot on the throttle, it runs but very roughly (a lot
of sputtering and "coughing"). After the truck warms up, it starts and
idles just fine. Any input or ideas of the problem? Has anyone else had
this problem or is there a TSB about this?

I was thinking that it may be one of the temp. sensors.

Thanks,
Garret
1997, 4x4, v8, cc
http://garretl.tripod.com