Re: Problem: Wipers not working.

From: droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 19:38:50 EST

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:19:08 -0500, droo <03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net>
wrote:

> Well. It seems my wipers are having an intermitent problem of not
> working. I originally thought the first time they didn't work was because
> the relay got stuck because of the unusual cold. But today I got in my
> truck and washed the windows with the wipers. The wipers come on and
> cycle off automatically. Then some wiper fluid dropped down the
> windshield so I go to hit the wipers top clean it and nothing happens. I
> checked the fuse and its fine. I popped the hood to check out the relay.
> I swapped it with the starter relay to make sure. Still nothing. I could
> hear the relay click as well. Any ideas? its 2003 with 14,500 miles.

Ok. There has been a recall on my truck that I havn't done that involves a
wire harness under the dash. Says the clutch pedal rubs it and that it'll
make the wipers and some of the lights act funny if it is damaged. So this
is prolly the cause. I did try to peek under there to see the harness but I
didn't see anything close to the clutch pedal. I'll take a another look in
the daylight. Can anyopne shed some light on where I can look specifically
for this?

--
-Droo

http://www.grandroyal.org/dakota