Re: The Latest

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Fri Jan 23 2004 - 11:13:18 EST

so, uh where do you get this wonder juice?

>>> ksellstr@softcom.nospam.net 01/21/04 09:31PM >>>

Travis Bailey wrote:

> I think I will go back to 89 and
> try adding some injector/combustion chamber cleaner and see what that
> does (have a vote or two for Techron, any other suggestions?

I like the Red Line SI-1 fuel injector cleaner. It makes a huge
difference in my car, not so much in the truck, and costs under $3 at
the local vendor. On a tip from my smog guy, I run a bottle
full-strength every oil change. Again, it doesn't seem to make a huge
difference in the Dak, but it always brings up the mileage by about 1 MPG.

Interestingly, this stuff meets BMW's specs for EFI cleaner, the stuff
that BMW recommends in dilution in EVERY tank to keep out deposits on
the injectors and valves. It DOES keep the injectors in my car from
getting gummy on the tips like they used to.

Just my $.02 worth,

Kevin

--
Kevin Sellstrom, W6KTB      E-Mail:ksellstr@softcom.net
             ***Wilton, California***

'99 Dodge Dakota CC, 4x4, 5.2, '69 Dodge D200, 4x2, 318,

Also: '83 Volvo 244Ti, '85 Volvo 244, '68 Volvo 122S, '98 Specialized Rockhopper A1FS