Heater/AC Ceases To Function [Chris Martin] DML

From: clmartin@ppcusd8.org
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 01:12:04 EST

Howdy List:

To the list member who was having problems with his fan. Contrary to the
claptrap nonesense about it being related to the fuel pump somehow(?), this
is actually the fan speed resistance coil in the airduct in the firewall.
When it finally burns in two [common for a 10-11 year old Dakota, 1993?was
it] the fan creases to run at any speed other than "still." Relatively,
easy item to check and cheap to replace.

Hope this helps,

-Chris "getting tuned into the cascading failures and weak points of a high
mile Gen. II" Martin...

1991 CC LX 3.9L Man. Blue
1998 CC SLT 3.9L Auto. Red

I was comparing notes a few years back with a fellow 1973 TOYOTA Corona
Deluxe RT85 owner from upstate NY. Mine had 360,000 miles at the time on
the original 1986cc 18RC 4 banger [new head at 36,000 miles due to a
"secret" factory recall] We had both kept meticulous records on the
maintainance and repair histories of the vehicles. He had similiar high
miles as mine...and every replacement happened on each car at the same exact
mileage within just a few hundred miles - down the line with a high degree
corelation. I was amazed at the item, but have since learned especially
with the Japanese, that it is possible to design in a "planned obsolesence"
with a high tolerence.