RE: Stalling when fuel drops below 1/4

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 11:07:58 EST

<snip>

> Being a '93, I figure it has been some time since the fuel filters were
> replaced. I have heard that the fuel filter is located inside the
> tank? Are
> there any other in-line filters outside the tank? How much is it gonna run
> me to get that in-tank screen/filter replaced (ballpark)?

<snip>
> ~Vern

In '92 & '93 there was an in-tank filter on the bottom of the pump AND an
in-line filter along the driver side frame rail. The filters are available
separately as is the fuel gauge sending unit (which attaches to the side of
the pump). It would be wise to change the sending unit while you're
changing the in-tank filter as they are notorious for giving false readings
over time. To get inside the tank you can either drop the tank OR move the
bed back a few feet to gain access to the top of the tank (easiest method
I've found).

RayB