Re: Dempsey Parts

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 23:16:30 EST

Gary Hedlin wrote:
> I don't know if any of you have noticed, but Dempsey Dodge in Plano took out
> an ad in Mopar Muscle that looked a lot like the ads that Koller Dodge in
> Naperville used to run before they got bought out. Even their site
> dempseyparts.com looks a little bit like koller's old site.
>
> Well, I THINK THEY ARE NOT THE SAME
>
> In my opinion, these guys are real dicks. I stopped by on the way home from
> work to grab the new performance catalogs. When I got there, they had them,
> but I about s**t my pants when they told me what they wanted for them. The
> total for all 3 was $27.00!! I think thats sleazy when they charge $9.00
> per catalog when they have a $3.95 price printed right on the catalogs.
>
> Their only explanation was "welll, we price them different."
>
> So as of NOW they are on my personal list of places I won't buy parts from.
> And not just because of the price of the catalogs, but the general feeling I
> got of being screwed arround during the process.
>
> ....This is all just my opinion, you guys know me so take it as you may.

Stealer where I bought the Ram is operated by a bunch of A-holes too. I
don't like them. I went in looking to see if I could get my speedo
recalibrated if I went to larger tires on the Ram, service guy sneered
at me and said "sure you can if you want to get a nose bleed when you
ride in your truck", in reply to me asking him about running 35s.

I have yet to go to a Stealer that treaded me with anything close to
respect or politeness. My dealer also never has loaner cars - but they
do always drop me off at home and pick me up if I take the Ram in for
service. - which I get to do again Friday - because they don't seem to
know how to fix a power window.