Re: Service Contracts - My Factory Warranty Running Out

From: BARRY OLIVER (dhspa58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 16:32:53 EST

Well, I bought the $1370, 4 year/100K option on my Dak and it paid for itself. The third option is legit, and that's how I would do it, were I in your shoes, unless I had $1400 just burning a hole in your pocket. The only thing to remember is that you need to be johnny on the spot with your documentation, receipts and such, in case they question your maintenence. AND the service contract is not a warranty, it's an insurance plan, a discount plan, if you will. Overall it has covered 80% of the repairs I have needed. Not officially, but there are always "associated parts, shop supplies, or some damn thing" to make up the difference, and you will have a deductable. The $1370 plan has a $100 deductable IIRC [mine does] PER occurance. It does not matter if it's the same issue, 2 days later. Still, even with all of that wierdness, I still believe it's worth every penny.

>>> SilverEightynine@aol.com 02/01/04 12:07 PM >>>

Morning everyone! I am less than 170 miles from having the 3/36 factory
warranty expire on the Ram.
............Pay in full up front for "service contract" $1370+tax - I will get an
additional 4 years and up to 100K miles
...3rd option he gave me was they would add it onto my current loan by way
of buying back my current loan - essentially buying back my truck as he
told me, there would be a $100 safety inspection fee? And they would
add the $1370+tax to the balance of the loan amount.

This 3rd option seems fishy to me for some reason............