Re: Re: That Humma bling bling thang

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 15:39:18 EST

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> Its gone to the point now where the largest wheel I would
> consider putting on one of my vehicles is around 17", just for
> the principle of the thing! I certainly do not want to be
> mistaken for an "all bling, no brain" groupie. :-P When it
> comes time to put new wheels on the Cuda, I plan to use 15s.
> I have a set of wheels already, slated to go on the '96 Dak,
> and they are also 15s.

Jon, you gotta admit, the 20" wheels on the new Ram 1500's look nice. I
will also say that that is as big as I would go, mainly because the
sidewalls are already very short for a truck, and IMO, a truck still
needs to be able to carry stuff. Getting those ultra low-profile tires
has to kill the GVWR of the vehicle. Put a Hotchkis kit on one of those
trucks with the 20's, though, and it would handle quite nicely, no
doubt, and still be able to carry stuff.

19" wheels on a Honda Civic with fartcan and Boeing 737 wing strapped to
the bootlid? Get real.