Re: Re: FW: new car suggestions

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 10:26:47 EST

""Aaron Wyse"" <awyse@sw.rr.com> wrote in message

> If she already owns a Cavalier, most everything would be a step up..
except
> maybe a Kia or Hyundai (no offense Andy) . I agree on the Stratus for 1st
> choice.. Neons are larger inside than they look. My Fiancee's Lumina is
> moderately roomy(about like a Stratus) but will also be doign good to make
> 100K miles.. It already had the motor rebuilt at 36K for excessive piston
> slap. Service writer said "On a car with this many miles, it's just
piston
> slap"

Chevrolet has had piston slap for a while now, it's because they pistons
with very short skirts on them in their newer motors. I forget what the
advantages of this are, but I do know that it serves a purpose, whether is't
something like heat transfer or ??? There was a TSB out on it a few years
back, and because of newsgroups (like us) just about every vette out there
"mysteriously" developed a piston slap problem.

> a good little car that you may want to also consider, outside the
> hybrids(those woudl be great) would be a Focus (Yes.. I know it's a Ford).
> Personally.. I'd say to just stay with the first suggestion and have her
get
> a Stratus.
> Aaron Wyse

If I was going to buy a new dodge that wasn't the magnum, it'd be the
stratus. I looked at them when I was thinking of getting my DAK, and liked
them then. The Focus is nice, but they've been known to have reliability
issues. My friend used to have one, and he was quick enough to beat an
SRT-4 at the track numerous times in it, he did own a speed shop though...
You should see the Mazdaspeed Protoge that he's got now...

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L