Re: DML new car suggestions

From: Tim Althoff (talthoff@yllwdkta.com)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 10:35:01 EST

i would have to say that jill's cavalier was not the best car, her step father had it before and drove it till the engine seized for overheating, motor was replaced underwarrenty. Oh yea, and he used a "magic" oil that never needed changing! so you know what condition the motor is in! My dad had a 84 cavalier and that thing got upto 175K miles and was still running great till it was broken into and vandalized.

i agree it probably is a great car, but i just couldn't walk into a ferd dealer and even talk about buying a car...

Tim Althoff
www.yllwdkta.com

If she already owns a Cavalier, most everything would be a step up.. except
maybe a Kia or Hyundai (no offense Andy) . I agree on the Stratus for 1st
choice.. Neons are larger inside than they look. My Fiancee's Lumina is
moderately roomy(about like a Stratus) but will also be doign good to make
100K miles.. It already had the motor rebuilt at 36K for excessive piston
slap. Service writer said "On a car with this many miles, it's just piston
slap"
a good little car that you may want to also consider, outside the
hybrids(those woudl be great) would be a Focus (Yes.. I know it's a Ford).
Personally.. I'd say to just stay with the first suggestion and have her get
a Stratus.
Aaron Wyse