Re: Oil weight

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 16:08:28 EST

Barry,
Interesting facts, but I'd like to add my two cents (someone always does).

Synthetic blend oil is a waste of extra money. Here's why I say this: ALL
multi-weight oils are a synthetic blend. What makes the oil a multi-weight
are synthetic polymers. Therefore, they are naturally a synthetic blend.
Also, there is no specification on how much of a given blend is synthetic.

Want synthetic blend? Use any multi-weight dino oil and you have it for half
the cost.

On synthetics, there are two types-paraffin based, and ester based.
The ester based synthetics handle heat MUCH better.

looking forward to the latest analysis results.

Jon
STL MO
92 RC LB V6 AT