9 1/4 swap into a Gen II

From: orange383@comcast.net
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 21:06:41 EST

Ok, I'm doing a 9 1/4 swap into a Gen II and have a couple questions. I know some of you have done this swap so I'm sure you can help. First, I noticed the 9 1/4's spring mounts have a different locator hole pattern than the Gen II leaf springs. How can I make this work? Is it possible to have leaf springs rebuilt? I know GenIII leaf springs won't fit a GenII so that's out. I also know I will have to relocate the spring and shock mounts to work in the Gen II, but I still don't see how the locator hole will work. Also, does the driveshaft have to be shortened? I know it takes a different U-joint setup, but the diff housing definitely looks bigger (truck is also dropped 4" in the rear). Any help and/or other issues I'm missing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

David