Re: RedLine MTL in T-case???

From: Kevin S. (ksellstr@softcom.nospam.net)
Date: Sat Feb 14 2004 - 16:22:35 EST

Ditto on the 75W90 for the front diff. The only diference in the NS is
the lack of friction modifier, and this will not hurt anything.

Definately MTL in the tranny - made things much smoother in all of my
manual trannies.

For the transfer case, Mopar recomends 7176/ATF. I put C+ in my t-case
which is the "recommended" lube, however I've been thinking of running
MTL instead on the next change.

In other brands (Ferd/Chivvy), they just use whatever ATF is used in the
matching tranny (Mercon, Dexron, etc.). I suspect that New Venture uses
ATF primarily for fuel economy and low temp shifting. The MTL is
designed as a light weight gear lube and *should* provide a little
stronger lube for the gears and chain than an ATF - which is a hydraulic
fluid that also lubes the gears.

Open to input...just my thoughts.

Kevin

--
Kevin Sellstrom, W6KTB      E-Mail:ksellstr@softcom.net
             ***Wilton, California***

'99 Dodge Dakota CC, 4x4, 5.2, '69 Dodge D200, 4x2, 318,

Also: '83 Volvo 244Ti, '85 Volvo 244, '68 Volvo 122S, '98 Specialized Rockhopper A1FS