Re: The Great Spark Plug Debacle

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sat Feb 21 2004 - 15:29:21 EST

Hey, Pete,

<snip> I'm afraid to torque it any harder, will I shatter the plug? <snip>

I don't think it'll shatter, but I HAVE broken the ceramic end off in the
past...that actually made getting a socket on the hex a little easier...it
allows for the socket to engage the hex at a slight angle of straight
alignment isn't feasible...

<snip> My question becomes, is there a way for me to remove the brake
booster? <snip>

Not sure what year DAK you've got, but the 2K FSM says there's a way to do
it...
1. Remove the master cylinder
2. Dicconnect the vacuum lines at the booster
3. Remove the clip securing the booster push rod to the brake pedal (in cab)
4. Remove the nuts from the booster mounting studs (also in cab)
5. Remove the booster, spacer and gaskets from the front cowl panel

No mention of special tools...
If you're gonna perform the above procedure, e-mail me & I'll send you the
reassembly steps & associated torque values...

HTH,
Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
(FSM at the ready!)
Averill Park, NY