Re: Re: Gen II Lowering WAS: 255/60-15 On A Gen II

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 00:44:42 EST

ronald bruce taylor,jr wrote:
> The Eibach lowering coil on a GEN-2, (Eibach only has one part number for
> GEN-2's to my knowledge) will lower the Your 92' 1" if it has a V8 and about
> a 1/2" if it has a V6...
>
> You shouldn't need to roll the lip with just the coil springs....

I did know that they were all the same P/N, but I find it odd that most
places (including Eibach themselves,) advertise the springs as giving
v6/RC's a 1" drop, and going lower from there depending on cab and engine.

> As far as the rear goes.........the Western Chassis shackle and hanger kit
> is one of the BEST ways to lower a GEN-2 IMO!
>
> You can adjust the amount of drop with this kit much easier by selecting the
> right combination of spring eye mounting holes.
>
> The driveshaft and pinion angle shouldn't be effected by using this
> kit............I do recommend installing a GOOD shock for lowered
> applications with both of these lowering techniques.

Ok, I'm a little confused here. I've been looking on
sporttruckdirect.com at their western chassis parts, and they list a 2"
Hanger and a 2-2.5-3" adjustable shackle. If I put on the hanger and
the shackle, with the shackle at it's "highest" (least lowering) point,
I will end up with 2" of lowering, correct? I'm leery of doing a 2"
block because of the potential for more axle wrap, but with my 1" rear
swaybar, would I have problems with that?

As for shocks, I have a set of KYB Gas-a-Justs coming for the front, but
I'm sure they can handle being dropped 1" at the max - as in they'll
have to. I'll replace the rear shocks when I do the rear drop - seems
like a waste of a pair of Monroe Sensa-Tracs, though. :-/