Re: Re: Gen II Lowering WAS: 255/60-15 On A Gen II

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 12:29:25 EST

"Kyle Vanditmars" <kylevan@telus.net> wrote in message

> As for shocks, I have a set of KYB Gas-a-Justs coming for the front, but
> I'm sure they can handle being dropped 1" at the max - as in they'll
> have to. I'll replace the rear shocks when I do the rear drop - seems
> like a waste of a pair of Monroe Sensa-Tracs, though. :-/

Kyle, I've got Monroe reflexes on my truck all around, and they haven't had
a problem with being compressed an extra 2" in front and 3" in the rear...
They ride pretty firm, if not hard though. You push down on the fender and
it just comes back to level, doesn't bounce at all, even after about 15k
miles. (i put them on right before I made the trip to Jon's for the last
BBQ. The stock ones were toast after almost 40k miles, 10k lowered) I'd
say that you won't have any issues compressing sensa-tracs 2" when you lower
your truck's tail end.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L