Re: Re: Gen II Lowering WAS: 255/60-15 On A Gen II

From: ronald bruce taylor,jr (taylor9565@msn.com)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 04:19:17 EST

The coil springs are directly effeected by how much weight is placed on
them......

V8 CC, more weight. more drop
I4 RC, less weight, not as much drop

AS far as the shackle kit goes......

You are correct, the instructions will give the proper mounting procedure
for the amount of drop you want.....

The shackle kit should NOT effect the sway bar itself, but may require
shorter endlinks to keep the bar's angle level and parallel
to the frame...........

When you lower the rear, you'll effectively reduce the amount of suspension
travel and require a shorter shock so as not to bottom out the shock.....

The front shocks should be ok, but you may find to properly balance the
shock valving front to rear you may want to later on swap out the front
shocks too.........

Ron-
01'Dakota Sport 3.9 4WD
www.scsilverdak.1colony.com