RE: Re: RE: Re: Autolites & gas mileage

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 08:42:52 EST

Bill,

I've tried the Platinums (Autolite and Bosch) in my '97 with both the stock
and Accel coil (and also with the old MSD Blaster-SS coil as well)...the
coil didn't make any difference but the plugs did. This was in late '97 -
'98 and over 7000 miles on "playing around with different plugs/coil
combinations. It was in '98 that I found that Platinum plugs are not to be
used in the Magnum engines by a good friend at a local Dodge dealership
(heavy line tech). Yes, the plug wire routing can contribute to misfires
but if you run with a higher quality set (7.5mm or 8mm+ in insulation), the
only wire you have to worry about is the coil wire - just route it on the
top-side of the valve cover away from the other (2,4,6,8) plug wires.

On the O2 sensor, if it's the front and the harness and connector are the
same...it "may" work (wouldn't hurt to try). I've seen different part
numbers on the same sensor just to distinguish them from other models.

Sorry about December, was in CA on family time and didn't have the email
access as normal.

- Bernd