Re: RE: Re: Autolites & gas mileage

From: Biff Byrum (bbyrum9@foothill.net)
Date: Sat Feb 21 2004 - 23:15:39 EST

Dear Bernd: Thank you for confirming what I have
been reading by inference for the last several
months. But for me this has only been a problem
since about August. From thanksgiving, 2001 un-
til then I was putting about 7,000 miles a month on
it and had no problems. the differences in my mile-
age could be easily averaged out over any period
I chose. But I'm not arguing, I just went down the
street and picked up a set of non-plats and will have them in in a while.
This gives rise to an interesting question. Has any
one with this problem with an older GenII tried
putting in a good set of plats AND swapping out
the stock coil for a 140021 Accel? Which I see you
do use. Is diminished coil output a factor here?
Also could that misrouted coil wire be a factor?
I was at a NAPA(Riebes) up in Auburn friday, but
I was trying to pick up a TB gasket and forgot to ask them about NGKs. That
brings up another
wierd one you may be able to answer. Did you see
my post Thursday about my OS problems?? As
of now Kragen owes me an OS under warranty,
but mine's already been replaced. So I was think-
ing about using it on my mom's '94 LHS, 175,000
never been changed. Kragen says it's not the same part #. Riebes says it IS.
They both look ex-
actly the same, and have the same connector, any
ideas? By the way, back in December we did miss
you (Where's Bernd, he'd know) thanks Biff B.