Re: tint on the GenII sliding window

From: droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 12:39:26 EST

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 21:58:14 -0600, Justin Sanders
<greenmachine318@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I just got my windows tinted on my 95 this past week. I have the sliding
> window in the back which appearently costs more then anyone else.
> Anyways the guy said there was no way to tuck the tint anywhere at the
> bottom right and left windows so now there is a 2mm gap where light can
> come in. It might not be a big deal to some but i want total darkness
> when i want it... ya know what i mean. Anyways does this guy know what
> he's talking about or is that why there wasnt tint originally on my
> windows? or should i take it back? Anyways he said once it dries i
> should take some silicon and cover it up? I think ive been had.. lol
> Well thanks to whoever responds.

I tinted my rear window myself on my 96 when I had it. I dont recall having
any kind of gap in those areas. I think maybe in those bottom corners where
I didn't do a good job of cutting the tint. And the only other spot was
around the latch where I cut it back a little too far. It wasn't limo tint
tho. Same shade as the factory tint on the sides. I don't see why'd he'd be
tucking anything.

--
-Droo

http://www.grandroyal.org/dakota