Re: Ram Air Kit....$600....C'mon, ya gotta be kidding

From: brett4hand@hotmail.com
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 11:46:10 EST

In article <019f01c3f9a1$54f48df0$34868b3f@edddie>, turbododge@rogers.com ("Ed
Estoppey") writes:

> Hey all,
> first of all , i wanna say thanks for helping me get a hold of Terry Delong
> from Proglass. Once talkin to him, he directed me to Keystone to get a much
> needed Ram Air Kit for my Good Hood. I was then gave a number to a shop here
> in Ontario , that quoated me roughly 600 bucks (canadian) for the airbox and
> filter. LOL I almost had a stroke. Has anyone here on the list made their
> own airbox to make their hood function? or does anyone have a Kit lying
> around?(incase someone smashed their hood in a collision or sumfin). Incase
> your wondering why I have a Ram Air Hood and no ram air setup, is because
> the hood was on my 98 v6 dakota, so the hood is uncut. Thanks guys(and gals)
>
> MoparEd
>
> 00 Dakota R/T
> 91 Dodge Shadow ES, 2.5 Turbo, MP Reverse Manual Valve Body,MP Plug Wires,
> Full 3 Inch Exhaust, MP Lowering Coils, Rear Disc Brakes, Autometer Monster
> Tach, Autometer A/F Ratio Guage, Autometer 30psi Boost Guage, Autometer Oil
> Pressure and Water Tempature Guages .
>
> My Home Page:
> http://members.rogers.com/turbododge
>
> Turbo Dodge Canada Message Board:
> http://turbododge.proboards20.com

All that time spent testing in the wind tunnel must get expensive! ;) I've
actually been kind of interested in the materials the high-end car audio guys
are using. Have you seen the smooth contour fiberglass enclosures they are
making these days? I'd bet you could use it to form a custom air intake box.
Just a thought!

Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota Sport CC 5.2 Auto
Soon to be on tranny number 3 at 156k