Re: Re: Gen II Lowering WAS: 255/60-15 On A Gen II

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 13:25:31 EST

Josh Battles wrote:

> Kyle, I've got Monroe reflexes on my truck all around, and they haven't had
> a problem with being compressed an extra 2" in front and 3" in the rear...
> They ride pretty firm, if not hard though. You push down on the fender and
> it just comes back to level, doesn't bounce at all, even after about 15k
> miles. (i put them on right before I made the trip to Jon's for the last
> BBQ. The stock ones were toast after almost 40k miles, 10k lowered) I'd
> say that you won't have any issues compressing sensa-tracs 2" when you lower
> your truck's tail end.

I think what I'll do is lower it, and see how it rides. No sense
replacing them right away when I don't need to. I was going to go with
reflexes, but there's no listing for a '92 2wd in either of the parts
stores near me, and tenneco (monroe's parent co) doesn't list one on
their website either, never mind responding to an e-mail.