Re: All this trans talk has gotten me thinking.....

From: greg conner (dodgeboy93@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 12:12:50 EST

I wasnt saying to swap the rear. Just that the 00 and up rc v6 would work
or any 97 an up rc v8 as long as it had the 8 1/4 rear in it and not the 9
1/4.

Greg Conner
1996 RC
3.9 hybrid

>From: "Josh Battles" <jbattles@bankfinancial.com>
>To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
>Subject: Re: DML: All this trans talk has gotten me thinking.....
>Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 10:16:51 -0600
>
>""greg conner"" <dodgeboy93@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > You shouldnt have a problem flashing the auto vin into the manuel pcm.
> > There is not a digit in the vin that displays tranny type. A junkyard
>rear
> > from a 00 and up 3.9 5speed or a 97 and up 318 5speed with a 8 1/4 rear
>will
> > work fine. Most shops will however make you a custom driveshaft for
>around
> > 150 bucks. Just look to see which way is going to be cheaper. The
>crank
> > sensor does read marks on the flywheel/flexplate to get crank position
>for
> > the pcm. It is located on the passengers side rear of the block and
>extends
> > down into the bellhousing. The flywheel and flexplate are different
>sizes
> > however. The automatic crank sensor has to extend further into the
> > bellhousing to read the marks since the flexplate is a smaller diameter
>than
> > the flywheel. trying to bolt the auto sensor on to a manuel truck would
> > result in the sensor hitting the flywheel.
> >

> > Greg Conner
> > 1996 RC
> > 3.9 hybrid
>
>I wasn't planning on swapping the rear end, i'm pretty content with my 3.55
>gears. :-) I was more concerned with the driveshaft.
>
>Okay, thanks for clearing that sensor thing up for me. I wasn't sure where
>it was.
>
>--
>- Josh
>Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L
>www.geocities.com/lenny187/dakota.html
>www.omg-stfu.com

Get business advice and resources to improve your work life, from bCentral.
http://special.msn.com/bcentral/loudclear.armx