All this trans talk has gotten me thinking.....

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 21:58:49 EST

I've been steadily noticing that my trans's performance has been taking a
downhill creep over the past few months and the thread that David started
has piqued my curiosity.

We all know that I drive a 2000 CC with the 3.9L, and that in 2001, dodge
stopped using the AX-15 and gave everyone the NV3500.

My question to you is, what would be required to swap from an automatic
trans to a manual???

This is what I was thinking:
1. Obviously, the Trans
2. Clutch mechanism (pedals, master cylinder, etc...)
3. Shifter, and all the interior stuff
4. Flywheel for 3.9L

Would the driveshaft need to be modified, and/or the transmission mount need
to be changed?

I could probably get all this stuff out of a boneyard truck and just rebuild
the trans. I was thinking that based on the prices I've found for the new
transmissions ranging from $850 - $1350 I could do this swap for less than
$1500, which is less than what it'd cost for the APS trans that I'd want to
replace the 42RE I've got now with.

Any thoughts/ideas?

--
- Josh