OT: Pulling codes from a Honda

From: andy levy (andy-dml@levyclan.us)
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 13:09:24 EST

Co-worker's son has a '97 Honda Prelude (about 80K on the clock) that's
thrown a Check Engine light. We talked him into visiting AutoZone to
have the code read for free (instead of going to the dealer or
mechanic). He got all the way up there and AZ couldn't pull the code -
the car is a Canadian model and apparently has no OBD-II port!

Any other way he can pull the code? Does Honda have a key on/off cycle
that'll blink the light? I turned up nothing in a quick Google search.