Re: alloy rim and spare winch?

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Sun Mar 14 2004 - 13:02:34 EST

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 11:29:55AM -0500, jherrman@suscom-maine.net wrote:

> If not, I'll probably
> try one of those fix-a-flat cans, unless there's some reason why I
> shouldn't.

IIRC, those things aren't a permanent solution. I think they're just
designed to get you to the tire shop. Read the side of the can before
making up your mind.

> I have a 2003, so the spare has a steel rim with a center
> hole for the winch, but the alloy rim has no center hole.

I've never tried a 2003, but if they're the same as the 16" wheels on
our 2001, there's a plastic cap in the center hole of the alloy rim.
Our spare is actually mounted on a matching alloy rim. Just push the
center cap out and put it in a safe place. (It's the part with the
Ram's head logo.)