RE: Fuel Pump Replacement

From: greg conner (dodgeboy93@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 13:59:11 EST

I couldnt tell ya if thats the correct part number or not. A pumps usually
around half the cost of a sending unit with pump. As far as removing the
bed, its easy with 3 guys or so to lift it off. Remove the 4 screws for the
filler neck, the 8 bed to frame bolts and unplug the tail lights. bed will
lift right off.

Greg Conner
1996 RC
3.9 hybrid

>From: "A. S." <adakota4x4@hotmail.com>
>To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
>Subject: RE: DML: Fuel Pump Replacement
>Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:12:38 +0000
>

> My plan was to replace the sending unit as well, but I was assuming the
>sending unit was a part of the fuel pump assembly. Is that not correct?
> This is the part number (Napa/Carter) that I was looking at. Let me know
>if this is what I want, or if I want something in addition to this. Item#:
>NFPP74675M
> I guess I'll try to remove the bed if it really is that much easier. Is
>there anything I should know about removing the bed?
>Thanks again for the help.
>--Aaron--
>95 DSRC 4x4 V6
>

>From: "greg conner" <dodgeboy93@hotmail.com>
>To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
>Subject: RE: DML: Fuel Pump Replacement
>Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:09:22 -0500
>

>You have the returnless system. I'd replace the whole sending unit along
>with the pump, its not much more money. I've never replaced the lock nut
>or gasket when doing a pump, and you shouldnt have a problem not doing it
>either as long as the old gasket is still in decent shape. The new sending
>unit may come with one anyways.
>
>If you dont have a llift, remove the bed dont drop the tank. Trust me I've
>done it both ways and removing the bed is alot easier. Dropping the tank
>wouldnt be so bad if you could attach all the lines and the electrical
>connection before putting the tank back in but they are not long enough to.
> You have to snake your arm over top of the tank blindly to unaatach then
>reattach the conections. Removing the bed you can sit on the tire and
>everythings right infront of you, you dont even have to drain the tank.
>

>Greg Conner
>1996 RC
>3.9 hybrid

>FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now!
>http://clk.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/

Create a Job Alert on MSN Careers and enter for a chance to win $1000!
http://msn.careerbuilder.com/promo/kaday.htm?siteid=CBMSN_1K&sc_extcmp=JS_JASweep_MSNHotm2