Fuel Pump Replacement

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 20:45:56 EST

  I'm going to attempt to replace the fuel pump on my dak in the near
future. So, I want to gather everything I'll need before I get started.
The most obvious thing I need is the fuel pump assembly itself. However,
when I look them up online I see one for "with return system" and one for
"with returnless system". This might be a stupid question, but which one do
I want?
  Next up, my repair manual states to replace the lock nut and gasket when
the fuel pump is replaced. Will these things be included with the pump or
do I need to purchase them separately?
  I *think* this is a pretty straight forward swap. I'm going to opt for
dropping the tank instead of removing the bed. I know there was a big
discussion in the past as to which was easier. I'll go the dropping the
tank route since I've got the rollbar in the bed.
  Anything else I need? Any tips? I know some of you have done this in the
past...especially with the GenII's to fix the gas gauge.
Thanks!
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6