RE: Fuel Pump Replacement

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 14:31:06 EST

<snip>

> You will have to undo the chassis ground cable (goes bolts between the
> cab and the bed), <snip>
>
> Terrible Tom -- AIM & Yahoo Name: SilverEightynine

Appears to be some differences between Gen I and Gen II trucks, Tom.
Sending unit can indeed be bought separately from the dealer and is attached
to the pump with 3 screws, at least for '92-'93. Been there, done that.

No chassis ground cable between bed and cab on my '92. Wonder how
different the other model years are. At any rate, if one overlooks any
connections while trying to move the bed, it will become quite obvious. :-)

RayB