RE: A/C question

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 19:43:13 EST

The compressor will cycle in all modes except for panel:

Dodge set the compressor to cycle in the non-A/C (mixed modes) to
prevent premature failure due to the oil not being cycled. The older
dodge's were notorious for burning up compressors due to lack of
lubrication during the winter months (too cold and no need to run the
A/C).

- Bernd