The key's in the igntion! No it's not!

From: andy levy (andy-dml@levyclan.us)
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 09:15:48 EST

Got to work this morning, did my usual shutdown routine (lights, parking
brake, etc.) and heard the door chime as I opened the door. Checked the
lights again, they were off. Took the transmission out of gear, still
didn't stop. Cycled the ignition a couple times, still I got the chime
when I had the key out and the door open.

Then I tried locking the truck with the remote. No dice. My truck
thinks the key is still in the ignition!

Happened to anyone else? Really not looking forward to scheduling a
dealer visit & bumming a ride to work just for this.