RE: 3.9 Engine blocks ?

From: greg conner (dodgeboy93@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 20:03:50 EST

Well all the 3.9's used a roller cam. Look on the side at the casting date.
  Your gonna want a mag block (92 and up) I dont beleive the older blocks
have the bosses on them to use the motor mounts in your block.

I'd check it over (maganflux) for cracks and such. Also check in and around
the headbolt holes closely for cracks, thats a common spot on a high millage
engine.

Greg Conner
1996 RC
3.9 hybrid