RE: Re: MP PCM...Hard #'s?

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 08:04:07 EST

The timing is set only by the PCM but the distributor still needs to be
indexed correctly for the fuel injectors to operate at the right time. The
crank sensor isn't adjustable unless it's been modified.

Since my '92 has never pinged with 3924s, even with 87 octane (and the stock
PCM) and I only use 92 octane with the MP PCM (and milled heads), I'm
guessing something isn't quite right with yours. Some things worth
checking... distributor indexing, vacuum leak, excess carbon buildup from
the 3923s if most of your driving is at low speeds, perhaps a worn timing
chain...

RayB