Re: 35x12.50r15 BFG MT's

From: Barry (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Sat Apr 10 2004 - 16:14:13 EDT

Michael Maskalans wrote:

> On Apr 9, 2004, at 10:27, Barry wrote:
>
>> My local tire shop has a set of 35x12.50r15 take-offs [3 miles or
>> so] that they Reeeely want to get rid of. I am going in there later
>> on with my spare rim to see if there's even a chance that these will
>> fit the measuring tape says I will have an inch or two to spare, heh,
>> heh,heh.
>

> that's in the wheel well. turning radius is another problem entirely.
> they will definitely hit the frame behind and in front of the front
> tires (behind only if the opposing tire can squish into the frame far
> enough to allow it), the air dam, the cab in front of the doors, and
> maybe even the rear wheel wells at full flex.
>
> with a 3" body lift and either spacers or shallower backspaced rims, or
> a Real Lift (r) that would be a different story.
>
>> The deal is $140 each, out the door, mounted, balanced and all [which
>> works out to like $112 a tire, but I doubt I could actually cash and
>> carry them for that].
>

> what meats are these? is that really such a smokin' deal?
>

>> Mike, what are the mounted dimensions of those Yoko tires you are
>> running?
>

> for all intents and purposes they're 32 x 10.5. my spare *is* a 32 x
> 11.5, and they're exact matches.
> 31" o.d
> 10.8" cross section on an 8" wheel
> 8.3" of tread
> static loaded radius of 14.3"
>
> front mudflaps don't fit, I rub hard enough that at full lock I can feel
> individual tread blocks at slow enough speeds, and need extra gas to
> move from a standstill, esp in reverse - no maneuverability impact though
>
>> I am going to open this deal up to the list, and will do whatever I
>> can to facilitate this deal.
>>
> 35s aren't big enough for the RamCharger (though they'd be a *perfect*
> intermediate step...), and the Dak has the wrong rims and the same
> fitment issues as yours now.... and it'll be on 16.5s after the eventual
> SAS.... so no go for me unless they get even cheaper! =)
> --
> Michael Maskalans <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak/>
> '98 Dakota CC 4x4 318 '84 RamCharger 4x4 360
> mobile.612.618.4652 campus.585.274.2246 fax.954.697.0487

Well, after a bit of cussing, I agreed they do not fit. Bummeroony.
Mike is correct on all counts, they hit everywhere. Ugh. They looked
bad ass though, right up 'til they started rolling... Damn, I am
disappointed. Oh, they are BFG Mud terrains, sorry I put it in the
Subject line not the body. Oh well, I guess I will still continue
looking for a deal on 325/60r15 BFG MT's.....