Re: 35x12.50r15 BFG MT's

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sat Apr 10 2004 - 06:54:07 EDT

On Apr 9, 2004, at 10:27, Barry wrote:

> My local tire shop has a set of 35x12.50r15 take-offs [3 miles or
> so] that they Reeeely want to get rid of. I am going in there later
> on with my spare rim to see if there's even a chance that these will
> fit the measuring tape says I will have an inch or two to spare, heh,
> heh,heh.

that's in the wheel well. turning radius is another problem entirely.
  they will definitely hit the frame behind and in front of the front
tires (behind only if the opposing tire can squish into the frame far
enough to allow it), the air dam, the cab in front of the doors, and
maybe even the rear wheel wells at full flex.

with a 3" body lift and either spacers or shallower backspaced rims, or
a Real Lift (r) that would be a different story.

> The deal is $140 each, out the door, mounted, balanced and all [which
> works out to like $112 a tire, but I doubt I could actually cash and
> carry them for that].

what meats are these? is that really such a smokin' deal?

> Mike, what are the mounted dimensions of those Yoko tires you are
> running?

for all intents and purposes they're 32 x 10.5. my spare *is* a 32 x
11.5, and they're exact matches.
31" o.d
10.8" cross section on an 8" wheel
8.3" of tread
static loaded radius of 14.3"

front mudflaps don't fit, I rub hard enough that at full lock I can
feel individual tread blocks at slow enough speeds, and need extra gas
to move from a standstill, esp in reverse - no maneuverability impact
though

> I am going to open this deal up to the list, and will do whatever I
> can to facilitate this deal.

35s aren't big enough for the RamCharger (though they'd be a *perfect*
intermediate step...), and the Dak has the wrong rims and the same
fitment issues as yours now.... and it'll be on 16.5s after the
eventual SAS.... so no go for me unless they get even cheaper! =)

--
Michael Maskalans         <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak/>
'98 Dakota CC 4x4 318               '84 RamCharger 4x4 360