RE: Finally! Update

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 15 2004 - 23:52:16 EDT

The smell will go away after about a day of use (just the metal "burning
in" upon initial heat up).

There is no need to reset the PCM after every modification unless it's a
big one (intake/tb/headers, cam, heads, blower). Since the PCM does
learn on an ongoing basis, resetting the PCM only helps if you made a
big jump (Intake, Exhaust, and/or TB for example). If it's just a
muffler or intake system (or TB)...it only takes about 100 miles for the
PCM to already have a good learn cycle on the new mod (200-400 miles for
a complete driving style learn cycle - whether you reset the PCM or not.

You can if you want to though - just disconnect the negative terminal on
the battery, hold the key in the START position for about 15-20 seconds,
turn the key OFF, and then reconnect the negative terminal. Start the
vehicle and drive away.

- Bernd