Re:

From: Kenneth Berntsen (kenneth@berntsen.cc)
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 13:38:10 EDT

> If Daks came with a small 4-cylinder Cummins and a manual trans, I'd be on
> that like an alto on a twinkie. I'd bet that the capabilities and price
> of
> such a Dak would be close to that of some of the Rams, and thus cut into
> sales of those, however.

I don't totally agree. A Dak with a 4.7 or 5.9 does have a different
market. I didn't chose my Dak over a Ram because of price, it was because
of size. I didn't want to drive a full size pickup every day. (I'm down
in Houston, TX BTW) Just cuz there's a diesel in the Dak doesn't mean
they have to make it any more than the 1/2 Ton truck it already is. They
would probably offer the smaller engine in the 1/2 & maybe 3/4 Ton Rams at
the same time so as to not steer people after the diesel away from the
Ram.

Kenneth M. Berntsen
2000 Dakota QC 4x4, 5.9 V8
1996 Dakota Sport, 3.9 V6 (Retired)