Re: Re: 45-RFE transmission pan gasket?

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 17:08:54 EDT

I use about a 1/4" wide bead that's about 1/8" high down the middle of the
sealing surface. I run that bead around each bolt hole. Yes it squishes out
some. The cleaning of the mating surfaces it the key thing. I use brake
cleaner, SEM Solve or Mineral Spirits, basically what ever I have that does not
leave a residue behind. A lot of degreasing solvents do as a rust inhibitor.

If you feel more comfortable with a gasket you should be able to get them from
Randy's Ring and Pinion. Like I mentioned before I rebuilt the 8 1/4 in my
Barracuda and the overhaul kit came with a gasket, I would certainly think you
could get it seperately from them.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4