Re: Josh's non-garage.

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Apr 22 2004 - 13:03:06 EDT

Thanks Jason, Barry cleared it up for me. I think it was the lack of
caffeine/sleep that did me in. I wasn't fully awake yet.

Also, I already have a storage box with a car in it... it had slipped my
mind since I haven't been out there in about a year now. I just pay the
bill for 6 months at a time and write a check when the new one comes.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

""Jason Bleazard"" <dml@bleazard.net> wrote in message news:22687.199.64.0.252.1082651272.squirrel@199.64.0.252... > > Josh Battles said: > > > > Nope. All our extra storage is in building. The attic is huge and each > > unit has a 4x8 storage locker there. No garages, sorry. > > I don't think he's talking about your condo or the immediate area. Check > the yellow pages under "storage" to see what's available in the city. > There must be something, usually they're intended for people to put their > stuff in while they're moving. Probably U-Haul will operate a couple, > they're usually the most expensive. Whether or not they'll let you use > those storage units for working on vehicles is another question. > > Back when I was tagging along behind the Central Ontario 4x4 Club, I got > to go over to what they call "The Unit" (yeah, that's really what they > call it). It's an industrial warehouse / storage unit of some kind that > they converted to use as a garage, just like Barry's idea. I'm not sure > how you'd find one, as I've never seen anything like that listed under > storage (at least not around here). Maybe commercial real estate for rent > or something. > > I've seen small car stereo & alarm shops, Rhino Linings dealers and other > small auto accessory dealers located in these kinds of places. There's > usually a whole row of different businesses all next to each other in one > building (like a strip mall, but more industrial). You walk through the > front door to a tiny business office, then you have to drive your car > around the back and find the big garage door for the particular business > you're interested in. Not a very good description, but I'm not sure what > the exact terminology is for this type of building. > > -- > Jason Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Burlington, Ontario > his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab, white > hers: '01 Dakota Sport 4x4, 4.7 V8, Auto, Quad Cab, black >