Re: Hypertech Power Programmer III

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Fri Apr 23 2004 - 10:09:46 EDT

""Garret Lewis"" <ladysmithgwl@1bigred.com> wrote in message

> I've been thinking about getting a Hypertech Power Programmer III for my
> 1997 Dak. I like the ability to be able to program some parameters
myself.
> Also, you don't always have to run premium fuel with this. I'm sure
someone
> on the list has tried one of these out. So, you opinions would be
> appreciated.
>
> Garret
> 1997, 4x4, cc, v8
> http://garretl.tripod.com

Hi Garret!

You might want to search the archives, we've talked about this in pretty
good detail before. I will tell you that I use the superchips programmer on
my V6 and love the results. It made a huge difference in overall
performance and mileage.

Another option to consider since you have a V8 is to track down a MP PCM for
your year and use that. From what I've gathered over the years on this list
is that the MP PCM will give you better gains overall than any type of power
programmer.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L