Re: What muffler are you running with?

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Fri Apr 23 2004 - 20:49:39 EDT

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 20:17:15 -0400, fasstdak@hotmail.com ("Bernd D.
Ratsch") wrote:
>Well said Brett. I've heard that same story that the Flowmasters are
>too restrictive. Yeah....riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Tell that to my neighbor
>running a low 8-Second (1/4 mile) Mustang with Flowmasters! :)

What can I say, I bought mine for the sound. :-)

I actually went pretty much by the recommendation of the guy at the
muffler shop. (Very well trusted by just about everyone in the
county... been in business for ages) He could have just as easily
sold me some other muffler for a roughly similar price but recommended
the Flowmaster for my list of criteria. (Nice rumble at idle, nice
and loud on the outside when getting on it, but not too loud on the
inside, while opening up the flow a bit for a little extra
performance) I haven't looked back since. (Except sometimes wishing
I had the 40 series instead of 50 series for more in-cab sound :-) )

-Bill