Re: Water spots?

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 09:36:47 EDT

<brett4hand@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:c6k9j6$qi1$1@bent.twistedbits.net...

> > DML:
> >
> > i have a lot of hard water spots on bumpers and windows. does anyone
> > know of something to get them off? i tried washing again and again
> > but that doesnt work.
> >
> > -dan
>
> Dan,
> ultra fine steel wool works well. Just don't use too much pressure in one
spot
> for too long.
>
> Brett Forehand
> '94 Dakota Sport CC 5.2 Auto

Only use steel wool on windows and chromed bumpers. NOT on paint. (sorry,
had to put a disclaimer in there)

I use wax on anything that isn't glass and it takes the spots off very well,
but then again, I don't have any chrome. When I worked at the car dealer,
we used to use windex and steel wool on windows and chrome
wheels/bumpers/exhaust tips all the time. just use lots of windex and don't
press too hard - you'll be fine. Also, if you can't get the spots off of
the glass, you can always put a little bit of vinegar or lime away on a rag
and wipe the glass, both work well to remove spots. Vinegar won't really do
anything to the paint if you wash it off fairly quickly, but I can't say the
same for lime away.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L